Software Testing Interview Questions And Answers 


Here are some scenario-based software testing interview questions and answers:

Software Testing Interview Questions And Answers
Scenario Based Software Testing Interview


1. Scenario: You have been assigned to test a login functionality. How would you approach this task?

Answer: I would start by identifying the different components involved in the login process, such as the username field, password field, submit button, and any additional features like password recovery or social login. I would create test cases to cover various scenarios, including valid login, invalid login with incorrect username or password, blank fields, and different combinations of inputs. I would also test for security aspects, such as checking if the system handles brute-force attacks or session management.

2. Scenario: You are testing an e-commerce website. How would you test the shopping cart functionality?

Answer: Firstly, I would ensure that the shopping cart is displayed correctly and all added items are visible. I would test adding items to the cart, updating quantities, removing items, and verifying that the total price is calculated accurately. I would also validate the behavior of the cart across different scenarios, such as adding items while not logged in, adding out-of-stock items, and checking if discounts or promotions are applied correctly. Additionally, I would test scenarios involving different payment methods and shipping options.

3. Scenario: You are given a task to test a mobile app that tracks the user's location. How would you approach this testing?

Answer: I would begin by understanding the app's requirements related to location tracking. Then, I would test the app's ability to accurately capture the user's location by simulating various scenarios, such as moving between different network coverage areas, switching between Wi-Fi and cellular data, and enabling or disabling location services. I would also check if the app handles location-related errors, like poor GPS signal or failure to access location data. Additionally, I would validate the app's behavior when running in the background or when the device's battery is low.

4. Scenario: You need to test a web application that supports multiple browsers. How would you approach browser compatibility testing?

Answer: I would identify the target browsers and versions based on the application's requirements or market share. Then, I would test the application on each of these browsers to ensure proper functionality and layout consistency. I would pay attention to any browser-specific issues, such as CSS rendering differences or JavaScript compatibility problems. I would also test the application's responsiveness on different screen sizes and resolutions. Additionally, I would consider testing browser-specific features or plugins that the application relies on.

5. Scenario: You are assigned to test an API that provides weather data. How would you approach API testing?

Answer: Firstly, I would review the API documentation to understand its endpoints, parameters, and expected responses. I would create test cases to cover different scenarios, such as valid and invalid input data, boundary values, and edge cases. I would also verify the API's behavior under load or stress conditions, ensuring it can handle a high volume of requests without performance degradation. Additionally, I would test for security aspects, such as validating authentication and authorization mechanisms and checking for potential vulnerabilities like injection attacks or data exposure.

Remember, these answers are just guidelines, and it's important to tailor your responses based on your experience and the specific context of the interview.

Click Here